Dreaming, Karwacjans Manor Art Gallery, PL
See the first edition of my long term series – Dreaming
Dreaming - see description from the press release
Dreaming is a poetic story about a married couple, whose life was affected by a tragic fate, heralded by a mysterious dream. A man falls into a coma, as a result of an accident, and then into a state of unresponsive wakefulness for several decades. A woman takes up the challenge of lonely care. The story raises questions about the meaning of suffering, sacrifice, faith, hope and love in the background of the inevitable perspective of the finiteness of human existence. The native scenery of homeland plays an important role in the series as the “centre of the world” of the characters. Sequential, symbolic images of the landscape, including the beauty of nature’s metamorphosis, accent the passage of time and emphasize the metaphysical perspective of the story.
Project, arrangement, production: Krzysztof Ligęza.
– 9 prints in size of 90x60cm (framed 100x70cm)
– 27 prints in size of 30x45cm (framed 40x55cm)
– 22 prints as diptychs (double) in size of 30x20cm (framed 40x55cm)
– 3 prints in size of 30x30cm (framed 40x40cm)
– 2 prints in size of 30x20cm (framed 40x30cm).
Exhibition catalogue details
Graphic animation on large format screen:
– Drawings: Martyna Emilia Byczyńska.
– Animation: Zachariasz Jędrzejczyk.
– Sceneplay, directed and selected subtitles graphics: Krzysztof Ligęza.
The exhibition and the catalogue were created as part of a scholarship of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.